Administrative Office No: 0824 – 2425966
ABOUT THE COURSE:
B.Sc. in Medical Imaging Technology is offered by the College of Allied Health Sciences, Srinivas University, Mukka, Mangaluru. The program is specifically designed to prepare the graduates to pursue their career in nationally and internationally growing healthcare industry.
The course helps to develop skilled radiographers qualified to provide patient care services in interventional procedures, computed tomography (CT), ultrasonography (USG) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Admission to the B.Sc. Medical Imaging Technology programme in any year will be based on the results of Srinivas University Entrance Test (SUET) held that year.
DURATION OF THE COURSE:
Duration shall be for a period of three and half years including six months of Internship.
A candidate seeking admission to B.Sc. Medical Imaging Technology shall have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission and have studied English as one of the principle subject during the tenure of the course
- Two year Pre-University examination or equivalent as recognized by University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principle subjects of study.
- Pre-Degree course from a recognized University considered as equivalent by University, (two years after ten years of schooling) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principle subjects of study.
- Any equivalent examination recognized by the University for the above purpose with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principle subjects of study.
- The vocational higher secondary education course conducted by Vocational Higher Secondary Education, Government of Kerala with five subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in addition to vocational subjects conducted is considered equivalent to Plus Two examinations of Government of Karnataka.
- Candidates with two years Diploma from a recognized Government Board in a subject for which the candidate desires to enrol, in respect to B.Sc. Medical Imaging Technology shall have passed plus 2 [10+2] with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, as principal subjects or candidates with 3 years diploma from a recognized Government Board in a subject for which the candidate desires to enrol.
- Lateral entry to second year allied health science courses for candidates who have passed Diploma programme from the Government Boards and recognized by University, fulfilling the conditions specified under Sl. No. 5 are eligible to take admission on lateral entry system only in the same subject studied at diploma level.
- The candidate shall have passed individually in each of the principle subjects.
- Candidates who have completed diploma or vocational course through Correspondence shall not be eligible for admission to the course.
|I & II Semester
||III & IV Semester
||V and VI Semester
|Human Anatomy Part-I & II
||Physics of Radiology, Radiation Physics & Medical Physics
||Diagnostic Imaging Techniques
|Physiology Part-I & II
||Radiographic Photography And Image Processing
||Radiographic Techniques I
|Biochemistry Part-I & II
||Radiographic Techniques II
Blood Banking]- Part-I & II
|Microbiology Part-I & II
||Constitution of India
||Environmental Sciences & Health
||Research Methodology & Biostatistics
SCOPE OF THE COURSE:
- Upon completion of this program, students will not only acquire a broad & detailed knowledge in medical imaging which help them be a new generation radiologic technologist, but also will have the opportunity to develop important practical skills.
- A career in Medical Imaging Technology offers a promising future, job stability and a good salary.
- Graduates have the eligibility to pursue master & can also specialise in any of the imaging modalities.
- Graduates can work as a Medical Imaging Technologist in hospitals & clinics with radio diagnostic facilities like MRI, CT scan, mammography & X-rays.
- The graduates can work as an application specialist in medical imaging equipment companies.
- Opportunity in teaching field in various educational institutions worldwide.
- Pursue research activities in Medical Imaging Technology.
Medical Imaging Technology is appropriate for students seeking to expand their education level & access a career field in medical research & development which makes a breakthrough in diagnostic imaging.
Job opportunities shall be available to the Medical Imaging Technologists offers promising future and job stability.
They can also assist during surgical procedures performed during an examination, assessing the technical quality of the images and providing basic patient care.
Medical imaging technologists function as members of the health care team, performing diagnostic imaging procedures in hospitals, clinics, and other health care settings.
Entrance exam will be conducted every year in the last week of June or first week of July and students will be selected based on the rank system.