Administrative Office No: 0824 – 2425966
B.Sc. MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
ABOUT THE COURSE:
B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology is an undergraduate programme offered at College of Allied HealthSciences, Srinivas University, Mangaluru. This program is concerned with thediagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases through the use of clinical laboratorytests. Students receive a stimulating, challenging and supportive academic experienceduring the tenure of the course.
Admission to the B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology programme in any year will be basedon the results of Srinivas University Entrance Test (SUET) held that year.
DURATION OF THE COURSE:
Duration shall be for a period of three and half years including six months ofInternship.
A candidate seeking admission to the B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology shall have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission and have studied English as one of the principle subject during the tenure of the course
- Two year Pre-University examination or equivalent as recognized by University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principle subjects of study.
- Pre-Degree course from a recognized University considered as equivalent by University, (two years after ten years of schooling) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principle subjects of study.
- Any equivalent examination recognized by the University for the above purpose with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principle subjects of study.
- The vocational higher secondary education course conducted by Vocational Higher Secondary Education, Government of Kerala with five subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in addition to vocational subjects conducted is considered equivalent to Plus Two examinations of Government of Karnataka.
- Candidates with two years Diploma from a recognized Government Board in a subject for which the candidate desires to enrol, in respect to B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology shall have passed plus 2 [10+2] with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, as principal subjects or candidates with 3 years diploma from a recognized Government Board in a subject for which the candidate desires to enrol.
- Lateral entry to second year allied health science courses for candidates who have passed Diploma programme from the Government Boards and recognized by University, fulfilling the conditions specified under Sl. No. 5 are eligible to take admission on lateral entry system only in the same subject studied at diploma level.
- The candidate shall have passed individually in each of the principle subjects.
- Candidates who have completed diploma or vocational course through Correspondence shall not be eligible for admission to the course.
|I & II Semester
||III & IV Semester
||V & VI Semester
|Human Anatomy Part-I & II
|Physiology Part-I & II
|Biochemistry Part-I & II
pathology, Haematology &
Blood Banking] – Part-I & II
|Microbiology Part-I & II
||Constitution of India
||Research Methodology and Biostatistics
||Environmental Science &Health
||Ethics, Database management
SCOPE OF THE COURSE:
The course provides wide scope for aspirants to work
- as Medical Laboratory Technologist in Hospitals
- overseas(abroad) as Medical Laboratory Technologist
- in Public Health Laboratories
- in Research Laboratories/Biomedical/Genetic/Life science laboratories
- as Demonstrator/ Lecturer
- as Supervisor in Medical Laboratories
- as Laboratory Technologist/ Technical Supervisor in blood bank
- as Quality manager in diagnostic laboratories
- as laboratory safety officer in large diagnostic laboratories
- A well-established Central Diagnostic Laboratory which is attached to Tertiary CareSrinivas Hospital provides wide exposure to the aspiring candidates.
- Quality procedures, Standard Operating Procedures & Laboratory safety managedby well – trained staff technologists & faculty members.
- Highly qualified Medical post graduates &Allied Health Post graduate teachers tohandle theory and practical classes.
Entrance exam will be conducted every year in the last week of June or first week of July andstudents will be selected based on the rank system.