Administrative Office No.: 0824-2425966
ABOUT THE COURSE:
B.Sc.Anaesthesia& Operation TheatreTechnology is a course designed to provide in-depthknowledge &impart skills for working as an assistant tothe consultantanaesthesiologistas well as to assist in preparation of operation theatre before &during an elective or emergencysurgery.
Admission to the B.Sc.Anaesthesia and Operation TheatreTechnology programme in any year will be based on the results of Srinivas University Entrance Test (SUET) held that year.
DURATION OF THE COURSE:
Duration shall be for a period of three and half years including six months of Internship.
A candidate seeking admission to the B.Sc. Anaesthesia and Operation Theatre Technologyshall have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission and have studied English as one of the principle subject during the tenure of the course
- Two year Pre-University examination or equivalent as recognized by University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principle subjects of study.
- Pre-Degree course from a recognized University considered as equivalent by University, (two years after ten years of schooling) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principle subjects of study.
- Any equivalent examination recognized by the University for the above purpose with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principle subjects of study.
- The vocational higher secondary education course conducted by Vocational Higher Secondary Education, Government of Kerala with five subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in addition to vocational subjects conducted is considered equivalent to Plus Two examinations of Government of Karnataka.
- Candidates with two years Diploma from a recognized Government Board in a subject for which the candidate desires to enrol, in respect to B.Sc. Anaesthesia and Operation Theatre Technology shall have passed plus 2 [10+2] with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, as principal subjects or candidates with 3 years diploma from a recognized Government Board in a subject for which the candidate desires to enrol.
- Lateral entry to second year allied health science courses for candidates who have passed Diploma programme from the Government Boards and recognized by University, fulfilling the conditions specified under Sl. No. 5 are eligible to take admission on lateral entry system only in the same subject studied at diploma level.
- The candidate shall have passed individually in each of the principle subjects.
- Candidates who have completed diploma or vocational course through Correspondence shall not be eligible for admission to the course.
|I & II Semester
||III & IV Semester
||V & VI Semester
|Human Anatomy Part-I & II
||Medicine relevant to
Anaesthesia and operation theatre Technology
|AOT – Clinical
|Physiology Part-I & II
||Applied Pathology& Applied Microbiology
||AOT – Applied
|BiochemistryPart-I & II
||AOT – Advanced
pathology, Haematology &
Blood Banking]Part-I & II
|Introduction to Anaesthesia and operation theatre Technology
|Microbiology Part-I & II
||Constitution of India
||Research Methodology and Biostatistics
||Environmental Science &Health
SCOPE OF COURSE:
Graduates who hold the above degree has immense scope for working as assistant of Anaesthesiologist and assist surgeries in operation theatres, corporate hospitals and medical colleges both in India & abroad. They can work outside the operation theatre in Endoscopic surgeries, Digital Angiogram, Lithotripsy etc….
- The course offers tremendous knowledge & skills which helps to assist an anaesthesiologist
- Independently perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- To assist anaesthesiologist during the pre-anaesthetic check-up.
- Assisting for all anaesthetic procedures like General Anaesthesia and Regional Anaesthesia (spinal, epidural and all types of nerve blockades).
- Assisting anaesthesiologist during difficult intubation.
- Attending the patient in the casualty with the blue-code team.
- Can assist in major surgeries like cardiac surgeries, neurological surgeries, vascular surgeries, plastic and cosmetic surgeries, orthopaedic surgeries, urological procedures.
- Loading of anaesthesia drugs for all age group with proper dilution.
- Assisting for anaesthesia procedures outside the operation theatre such as CT scan, MRI, Endoscopic procedures, digital angiogram, Lithotripsy etc.
Entrance exam will be conducted every year in the last week of June or first week of July and students will be selected based on the rank system.