Administrative Office No: 0824 – 2425966
ABOUT THE COURSE:
The Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Care Technology is an undergraduate programme offered by Srinivas University, Mukka, Mangaluru. The department has well-equipped facilities for learning and clinical practice and faculty selected for their field of expertise and academic experience.
This course focuses on training students in advanced airway management and providing life support for patients admitted to the Intensive Care Units & Emergency Departments, and during pre–hospital & hospital to hospital patient transport.
Admission to the B.Sc. Respiratory Care Technology programme in any year will be based on the results of Srinivas University Entrance Test (SUET) held that year.
DURATION OF THE COURSE:
Duration shall be for a period of three and half years including six months of Internship.
A candidate seeking admission to the B.Sc. Respiratory Technologyshall have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission and have studied English as one of the principle subject during the tenure of the course
- Two year Pre-University examination or equivalent as recognized by University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principle subjects of study.
- Pre-Degree course from a recognized University considered as equivalent by University, (two years after ten years of schooling) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principle subjects of study.
- Any equivalent examination recognized by the University for the above purpose with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principle subjects of study.
- The vocational higher secondary education course conducted by Vocational Higher Secondary Education, Government of Kerala with five subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in addition to vocational subjects conducted is considered equivalent to Plus Two examinations of Government of Karnataka.
- Candidates with two years Diploma from a recognized Government Board in a subject for which the candidate desires to enrol, in respect to B.Sc. Respiratory Technology shall have passed plus 2 [10+2] with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, as principal subjects or candidates with 3 years diploma from a recognized Government Board in a subject for which the candidate desires to enrol.
- Lateral entry to second year allied health science courses for candidates who have passed Diploma programme from the Government Boards and recognized by University, fulfilling the conditions specified under Sl. No. 5 are eligible to take admission on lateral entry system only in the same subject studied at diploma level.
- The candidate shall have passed individually in each of the principle subjects.
- Candidates who have completed diploma or vocational course through Correspondence shall not be eligible for admission to the course.
|I & II Semester
||III & IV Semester
||V & VI Semester
|Human Anatomy Part-I & II
||Medicine Relevant to Respiratory Technology
||Respiratory Care – Clinical
|PhysiologyPart-I & II
||Respiratory Care – Applied
|BiochemistryPart-I & II
||Respiratory Technology – II
pathology, Haematology &
Blood Banking]- Part-I & II
|Microbiology Part-I & II
||Respiratory Technology – I
|Introduction to Respiratory Care
||Constitution of India
||Research Methodology and Biostatistics
||Environmental Science &Health
SCOPE OF THE COURSE:
After graduating,RTs have wide scope in medical care settings that provide respiratory care such as in:
- Multispecialty Hospitals and Private Clinics
- Medical Colleges
- Trauma Centres
- Home Health Care
- Companies Manufacturing Medical Equipment, as Clinical Application Specialist
- Diagnostic Sleep Laboratories
- An Ultra modern ICCU attached with Srinivas Hospital to give hands on experience to aspirants.
- Pulmonary function testing laboratory attached with Srinivas Hospital.
- Highly skilled, competent and experienced faculty members.
Entrance exam will be conducted every year in the last week of June or first week of July and students will be selected based on the rank system.