Administrative Office No.: 0824-2425966
ABOUT THE COURSE:
The Bachelor of Science in Imaging Technology helps to develop skilled radiographers qualified to provide patient care services in intervention procedures, computed tomography, ultrasonography and magnetic resonance imaging. In the course of study, medical imaging technologists use principles of radiation protection as they determine exposure factors and position of patient for a variety of examinations in various procedures. They can also assist during surgical procedures performed during an examination, assessing the technical quality of the images and providing basic patient care. Medical imaging technologists function as members of the health care team, performing diagnostic imaging procedures in hospitals, clinics, and other health care settings.
Admission to the B.ScImaging Technology programme in any year will be based on the results of Srinivas University Entrance Test (SUET) held that year.
DURATION OF THE COURSE:
Duration shall be for a period of three and half years including six months of Internship.
1. Two year Pre-University examination or equivalent as recognized by University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principal subjects of study.
2. Pre-Degree course from a recognized University considered as equivalent by University, (Two years after ten years of schooling) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principal subjects of study.
3. Any equivalent examination recognized by the University for the above purpose with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principal subjects of study.
4. The vocational higher secondary education course conducted by Vocational Higher Secondary Education, Government of Kerala with five subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in addition to vocational subjects conducted is considered equivalent to plus TWO examinations of Government of Karnataka Pre University Course.
5. Candidates with two years Diploma from a recognized Government Board in a subject for which the candidate desires to enrol, in the respective B.Sc. Medical Lab Technology shall have passed plus 12 [10+2] with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, as principal subjects or candidates with 3 years diploma from a recognized Government Board in a subject for which the candidate desires to enrol.
6. Lateral entry to second year for allied health science courses for candidates who have passed diploma program from the Government Boards and recognized by University, fulfilling the conditions specified above under Sl. No. 5 and these students are eligible to take admission on lateral entry system only in the same subject studied at diploma level.
7. In case of admission to B.Sc. Imaging Technology, the candidate should have passed Pre-University or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics, as principal subjects of study.
|First Year Subjects
|Second Year Subjects
|Third Year Subjects
SCOPE OF THE COURSE:
TheCourse provides wide scope for aspirants to work. They can,
•Pursue Masters & specialise in any of the imaging modalities.
•Work as an imaging technologist in hospitals & clinics with radio diagnostic facilities like MRI, CT scan, mammography & X-rays.
•Work as an application specialist in medical imaging equipment companies like Philips, GE Health Care.
•Work in educational institutions.
•Pursuing research activities in medical imaging technology.
• Ultramodern 16-Slice CT facility in attached Srinivas Hospital.
• High Tech 4D Ultra sound with Colour Doppler facility in attached Srinivas Hospital.
• A full fledged Radiology department with mobile and static Xrays (30 mA, 60 mA, 300 mA, 600 mA, 800 mA)
• Good exposure to technical knowhow of MRI & Mammogram facility which is available in attached Srinivas Hospital.
Entrance exam will be conducted every year in the last week of June or first week of July and students will be selected based on the rank system.
COURSE REGULATION DETAILS:
WITHDRAWAL FROM COURSE
Candidates can withdraw from the course before the commencement of the same and not once classes have already begun. Discontinuation will not be permitted unless the total fee of the program is paid by the student.
© Copyright 2018 Srinivas Universities. All Rights Reserved.Website Designed and Developed By Idaksh Technologies