Administrative Office No.: 0824-2425966
ABOUT THE COURSE:
B.Sc in Medical Laboratory Technology is offered at Srinivas School of Allied Health Sciences, under Srinivas University, Mangalore. This program is concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases through the use of clinical laboratory tests. Students receive a stimulating, challenging and supportive academic experience during the course.
Admission to the B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology programme in any year will be based on the results of Srinivas University Entrance Test (SUET) held that year.
DURATION OF THE COURSE:
Duration shall be for a period of three and half years including six months of Internship.
1. Two year Pre-University examination or equivalent as recognized by University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principal subjects of study.
2. Pre-Degree course from a recognized University considered as equivalent by University, (Two years after ten years of schooling) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principal subjects of study.
3. Any equivalent examination recognized by the University for the above purpose with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principal subjects ofstudy.
4. The vocational higher secondary education course conducted by Vocational Higher SecondaryEducation, Government of Kerala with five subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology andEnglish in addition to vocational subjects conducted is considered equivalent to plus TWOexaminations of Government of Karnataka Pre University Course.
5. Candidates with two years Diploma from a recognized Government Board in a subject for which the candidate desires to enrol, in the respectiveB.Sc. Medical Lab Technology shall have passed plus 12 [10+2] with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, as principalsubjects or candidates with 3 years diploma from a recognized Government Board in a subject forwhich the candidate desires to enrol.
6. Lateral entry to second year for allied health science courses for candidates who have passeddiploma program from the Government Boards and recognized by University, fulfilling the conditionsspecified above under Sl. No. 5 and these students are eligible to take admission on lateral entrysystem only in the same subject studied at diploma level.
|First Year Subjects
|Second Year Subjects
|Third Year Subjects
SCOPE OF THE COURSE:
TheCourse provides wide scope for aspirants to work
• as Medical Laboratory Technologist in Hospitals
• overseas in Public Health Laboratories
• in Research laboratories
• as Demonstrator/ Asst. Lecturer in paramedical colleges
• as Supervisor in Medical Laboratories
• as Senior Laboratory Consultant/Supervisor in blood bank
• A well-established Central Diagnostic Laboratory which is attached to Tertiary core Srinivas Hospital provides wide exposure to the aspiring candidates.
• Quality procedures, Standard Operating Procedures & Laboratory safety managed by well – trained staff technologists & faculty members
• Highly qualified Medical post graduates &Allied Health Post graduate teachers to handle theory and practical classes
Entrance exam will be conducted every year in the last week of June or first week of July and students will be selected based on the rank system.
COURSE REGULATION DETAILS:
WITHDRAWAL FROM COURSE
Candidates can withdraw from the course before the commencement of the same and not once classes have already begun. Discontinuation will not be permitted unless the total fee of the program is paid by the student.
© Copyright 2017 Srinivas Universities. All Rights Reserved.Website Designed and Developed By Idaksh Technologies