Administrative Office No.: 0824-2425966
|S. No.||Course||Eligibility||Course Duration||Type|
|1||D.Litt. /D.Sc.(Post-Doctoral Research Degrees)||Ph.D. in a related field with minimum 6 years of teaching/research experience and a minimum of 10 research publications* as first author after obtaining Ph.D.||Any Time||–|
REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE DEGREE OF DOCTOR OF LETTERS/DOCTOR OF SCIENCE (D.Litt./D.Sc.)
The Degrees of Doctor of Letters (D.Litt.)/ Doctor of Science (D.Sc.) is the highest Post-Doctoral Research degree of this University in respective disciplines which are awarded to a candidate who has earlier acquired a Ph.D. degree. This Post-Doctoral Research degree is awarded on the basis of original and independent research that has made distinct contributions to the advancement of knowledge in a particular discipline, as evidenced by publications in reviewed journals and are recognized by peers. The research work of the candidate must have been characterized either by the discovery of facts or by a fresh approach towards the interpretation of facts or theories or formulating a new theory/hypothesis and evince his capacity for original thinking, critical examination and sound judgement.
2. ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROGRAMME:
3. DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME:
The duration of the Programme is three months to three years from the date of enrolment.
4. ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS:
The applicant for enrolment must have A Doctoral degree (Ph.D./DBA) from a recognized Indian or foreign University in the relevant discipline provided that :
(1) He/she presently active in research/teaching with a minimum period of six years after obtaining Ph.D. /DBA degree, in the Department of this University or other Universities or Affiliated colleges or Institutions recognized for purpose of advanced research, located in India or abroad.
(2) The publications submitted by him/her for consideration for the award of D.Litt./D.Sc. degree are substantially the result of Post-Doctoral research work carried out during this period.
(3) He should have published at least 10 research publications as first author in refereed, peer reviewed, indexed journals preferably approved by UGC. The proposed D.Litt./D.Sc. thesis shall be related to these published papers.
*However, the total number of published papers (first author & joint author together) should be proportionate to the duration after obtaining Ph.D. calculated at the rate of one paper per every completed year. Books are not treated as substitute for research paper. Aspiring candidates may submit the eligibility checklist provided as Annexure.
A candidate already holding D.Sc../D.Litt. degree in a particular discipline is eligible to register for D.Sc./D.Litt. in another discipline after a gap of two years provided that evidence of standard publications as per fresh eligibility are produced in the second discipline in which he/she intends to submit for D.Sc./D.Litt. degree.
5. SUBJECT OF THE THESIS
(1) The Thesis submitted by the candidate for consideration for the award of the degree of Doctor of Letters (D.Litt.)/ Doctor of Science (D.Sc.) shall be substantially related to the result of his/her post-doctoral research work.
(2) The candidate shall state in his/her application the faculty/discipline on which he/she bases his/her qualification for the Degree. The topic of the D.Litt./D.Sc. thesis may be related to his/her Ph.D. work or independent research work. If the thesis submitted for D.Litt./D.Sc. is related to the thesis of Ph.D. or any other equivalent previous research degree, the findings of such study shall be confined only to the review of literature. The thesis submitted for the Ph.D. degree or any other equivalent previous degree, shall not form part of the D.Litt./D.Sc. thesis. He/she shall submit with his/her application five copies of his/her thesis based on published papers that contain original contribution to the advancement of knowledge.
(3) The subject of the thesis shall relate to the branch of knowledge chosen.
(4) The thesis shall be a scholarly work and must be on one main theme falling with in the area or field of proposed study. However, published research papers can form part of the thesis provided they are presented as consistent with the theme of the thesis and elaborated into the requisite form and size.
6. ENROLMENT & REGISTRATION FOR THE PROGRAMME:
The application form for the award of D.Litt./D.Sc. shall be downloaded from the University website www.srinivasuniversity.ac.in and duly filled form should be submitted to the Registrar any time during the year with prescribed Application fee.
In addition, he/she should enclose
(1) Bio-data with 2 Photos.
(2) List of his/her research publications.
(3) Reprints of required number of research papers as per eligibility criteria.
(4) Copy of Ph.D. Thesis.
(5) Attested copies of certificates in support of the qualifications (from matriculation to Masters, Ph.D. degree) and experience.
(6) Proposal for D.Litt./ D.Sc. thesis shall contain an outline of the proposed research work, why it is important, the methodology to be used and the expected outcome of the research, specifically highlighting in what respect the research will advance the knowledge in the particular field of his Post-Doctoral work.
(7) Two references from eminent scholars each of whom is either a member of the Academic Council of this University, working/retired directors of any Post graduate institutions, or a graduate of D. Litt./ D.Sc. to the effect that he/ she is by habits and character a fit and a proper person to be admitted to the degree.
The University Research Council (URC) shall constitute an Academic Expert Committee (AEC) of three members who shall be reputed scholars in the relevant area. The Academic Expert Committee shall consider and recommend the suitability of the applicant. The Academic Expert Committee, while considering the proposal shall invite the applicant for detailed discussion, and make a recommendation with a provisional date of registration for starting of the Post Doctoral programme by providing a provisional approval letter to the candidate.
Registration for the Programme :
Upon receiving provisional approval letter, the candidate has to register for the programme by paying the prescribed admission fee along with the eight copies of Synopsis of the Thesis.
Submission of final Thesis :
After registration, the candidate has to submit the final thesis (five copies along with a soft copy) in prescribed format, any day between three months to three years along with prescribed examination fee.
7. FORMAT OF THE THESIS
(1) Title page
(2) Certification from the Head of the Department/ constituent college/ institution
(6) Literature review
(7) Body of the thesis which shall consists of analytical discussion leading to demonstrate the contribution of new knowledge and/or additional knowledge to the chosen area.
(8) Additional publications relevant to the thesis if any, with explanatory note.
(9) Summary and conclusion
(11) Copy of papers published in Journals relevant to the thesis.
8. ACCEPTANCE OF THE THESIS FOR EVALUATION
(1) Upon receipt of the application and thesis, the Controller of Examinations shall, in the first instance, arrange to refer the thesis to the Standing Committee of the URC to make suitable recommendations as to its acceptability for valuation. The Standing Committee may co-opt such other member or members, who are specialists/experts in the subject of the thesis, it deems fit for this purpose. Thereafter the Standing Committee shall make its recommendations as to the suitability or otherwise of the thesis for processing for evaluation based on its assessment as to its originality, etc.
(2) When the thesis is not accepted for valuation, the thesis will be returned to the candidate and the fee paid by him/her will be refunded (after deducting a processing fee of Rs.30,000).
(3) When the thesis is accepted for evaluation, the procedure prescribed herein will be followed.
(1) If the thesis is recommended to be accepted for evaluation, the Standing Committee of the URC shall suggest a panel of not less than nine external Examiners being experts in the field of research chosen by the candidate for the D.Litt./D.Sc. Thesis, three from abroad, remaining from India, for consideration for appointment as examiners for evaluating the thesis, to the Controller of Examination/Registrar (Evaluation) by name in a cover marked “confidential”.
(2) If the panel of nine names of external examiners suggested by the Standing Committee of the URC is found to be inadequate, the Vice-Chancellor shall be at liberty to obtain additional names of experts, in consultation with experts of his/her choice, in the concerned field.
10. VALUATION OF THESIS
(1) The Thesis shall be referred by the Vice-Chancellor for valuation to a Board of Examiners consisting of three persons (usually two from India and one from abroad) from the panel submitted by the Standing Committee of the URC. (2) The Board of Examiners who value the Thesis shall report on the merit of the candidate for the D.Litt./D.Sc. Degree. As “Commendable” “Highly commendable” or “Not commendable” If two of the three Examiners do not commend the thesis, the thesis shall stand rejected. If two of the three Examiners commend the thesis and one examiner does not commend the thesis, the Vice-Chancellor may refer the same to a fourth examiner for his valuation. The fourth Examiner shall be from the same category of the examiner, who rejected the thesis (i.e., Examiner from Southern state/Northern state/ rest of India/ abroad). If the fourth examiner commends the thesis, the candidate will be declared qualified for the award of the D.Litt./D.Sc. If the fourth Examiner also does not commend the thesis, the candidate will be declared not qualified for the degree. (3) The reports of the Board of Examiners appointed by the University shall be placed before the URC and Board of Management for declaring the candidate to be qualified/not qualified for the award of D.Litt./D.Sc.Degree.
(4) A candidate who has been declared qualified, shall be awarded the Degree of D.Litt./ D.Sc. in the Convocation of Srinivas University.
11. RE-SUBMISSION OF THESIS
(1) A candidate whose thesis has not been commended in the first instance may be permitted to re-submit the Thesis a second time after a period of one year and after inclusion of additional publications on the subject, following the procedure prescribed under Regulation of the University. Ordinarily, the re-submitted thesis will be referred to the same Board of Examiners which valued the thesis on earlier occasion.
(2) A candidate shall not be permitted to submit thesis for the award of D.Litt./D.Sc. Degree on more than two occasions.
(1) For anything not specifically covered by the above Regulations and questions arising out of these regulations, the same shall be referred to the Standing Committee of the University Research Council, whose decision shall be final.
|Application Fee||Rs. 1,000 / $ 100 for Foreign Nationals (To be paid at the time of submitting Application)|
|Registration Fee||Rs. 10,000 / $ 500 for Foreign Nationals (To be paid by approved candidates)|
|Course Fee||Rs. 90,000 / $ 6,000 for Foreign Nationals (To be paid along with Registration Fee)|
|D. Litt./D.Sc. Thesis Submission & Evaluation Fee||Rs. 30,000 / $ 1,000 for Foreign Nationals (To be paid before submission of Thesis)|
|D.Litt./D.Sc. Provisional Certificate Fee||Rs. 2,000 / $ 500 for Foreign Nationals (To be paid after declaration of result).|
Note : The course Fee will be 50% of the regular fee for the internal candidates.
Eligibility Check-list Format for D.Litt./D.Sc. Degree
The Eligibility conditions : (i) N >= 10; (ii) (N + M) >= [10 + (X – 6)]
© Copyright 2017 Srinivas Universities. All Rights Reserved.Website Designed and Developed By Idaksh Technologies