B.Sc. Clinical psychology is an undergraduate program offered by college of Allied Health Sciences. The course aims to teach students the basic understanding of psychology with emphasis on emerging fields and branches of psychology. Major emphasis will be given on Clinical aspects of psychology.
One of the unique courses offered by Srinivas university, addressing aspects of clinical psychology in the undergraduate level. The specialty of the course is such that it has been designed to view psychology from a scientific perspective which enhances empherical knowledge development and application in the field. Although ‘psychology’ as field is humanistic and person centered having a clinical objective view, increases the efficiency and develops students’ horizon. Along with immense opportunities for exposure, supplemented with field visits and internships, students will be provided multi- faceted growth.
Semesters: 8 semesters
• Clinical exposure in Psychiatry and psychology department attached to Srinivas Hospital.
• Competent and highly skilled psychologists and psychiatrists to impart requisite knowledge and skills thus developing independent professionals.
• Skill development and training for various competitive exams in the field of psychology.
• Seminars, webinars, group discussions and extra-curricular activities to enhance all-round development of students.
• Knowledge regarding appropriate job opportunities in the field.
10 + 2 (Any stream)
• Human Resource Manager
• Psychology Assistant
• Childcare Mental Counselor
• Research Scholar
|1st Semester||Introduction &History of Psychology Basic Psychological processes Physiological Psychology – Part I Practicals Medical terminology (Subsidiary Subject) Kannada Language (Subsidiary Subject)|
|2nd Semester||Biological Psychology Advanced Psychological Processes Physiological Psychology – Part II Practicals Health Care (Subsidiary Subject) English Language (Subsidiary Subject)|
|3rd Semester||Life Span development – Part 1 Cognitive Psychology Neuro Psychology Practicals Computer application (Subsidiary Subject) Environment science (Subsidiary Subject)|
|4th Semester||Life Span Development – Part II Social Psychology Cultural Psychology Practicals Statistics & Research Methodology (Sub. Subj) Constitution of India(Subsidiary Subject)|
|5th Semester||Industrial and Organizational Psychology Abnormal Psychology – Part I Counselling and Psychotherapy – Part I Practicals Elective 1 (Psychology of Marketing and Advertising/Forensic Psychology) Medical Ethics|
|6th Semester||Health Psychology Abnormal Psychology – Part II Counselling and Psychotherapy – Part II Practicals Elective 2(Sports Psychology/ Positive Psychology) Hospital Management|
After 6 semesters, students will have to do internship for 6 months and submit a project as part of the course.
|S.No||Courses||Duration||Annual Fee Structure|
B.Sc. (Clinical Psychology)
Eligibility : Pass in 10+2/PUC in any stream (NRI : 25K extra in I Year) (*Conditions apply
Year I : Rs. 1,48,000
Year II : Rs. 1,00,500
Year III : Rs. 1,00,500
Total: Rs. 3,49,000
Total: Rs. 2,71,000
(1) University Registration Fee, Eligibility Fee for other State/NRI students, Examination Fee, Uniform Fee, Hostel Fee, Industry visit fee, Internship fee, Transportation fee, Sports & games fee, Extra-curricular activity fee, etc., are extra. The course fees mentioned for subsequent years may vary annually up to 6%. (2) The University Placement & Training Team will assist the admitted students to get (a) Earn While Learn, (b) Industry Internship, and (c) Final Job Placement. (3) Karnataka Quota* : 1. Applicable only to Karnataka students having 50% or more in the applicable subject combination. 2. To be considered as Karnataka domicile student should have studied 7 years including PUC in the Karnataka.