B.Sc. Emergency medicine technology is a course which provides in depth knowledge and skills for working as an EMT in the emergency medicine department in tertiary care, private and government hospitals, as a member is EMS in the pre-hospital setting, as an EMT in air ambulances, wilderness response, industrial services as well. Srinivas hospital has a well equipped Emergency department for various procedures and management of patients.
Four years (BSc Honours)
Two year Pre- University examination or equivalent from a recognized University or Board withphysics, Chemistry and Biology as principle subject of study Syllabus is implemented as per National –Education Policy(NEP)
|First Semester Subjects||Second Semester Subjects||Third Semester Subjects|
|Fundamentals of basic health sciences Introduction to emergency medical services Part I Constitution of India Patient contact protocol Kannada English||Fundamentals of Medical Sciences Emergency department equipments Environmental Science and Health General Sterilization & Disinfection Hindi Sanskrit||Introduction to Emergency medical services - Part II Emergency department pharmacology – Part I General Microbiology (Section A) & General Pharmacology (Section B Computer application/Programming Disaster management Physical Education|
|Fourth Semester Subjects||Fifth Semester Subjects||Sixth Semester Subjects|
|Emergency department pharmacology Part II Emergency department equipments Part II Applied Pathology (Section A) & Applied Microbiology (Section B) Medical Psychology Medical ethics and law Sports / Exercise/Arts||Medical Emergencies Part I Trauma,Burns and electrocution Pediatric Emergencies Surveillance||Medical Emergencies Part II Surgical Emergencies Psychiatric,geriatric and obstetric emergencies Biostatistics and Research Methodology|
|Seventh semester||Eighth semester|
|Internship and research project||Internship and research project|
FACILITIES OFFERED FROM THE COURSE:
• Simulation Lab
• Clinical Postings
• Participation in conferences/CME/Workshops
• In Emergency Medicine Department as an EMT - Private and government hospitals.
• Work as an EMT in tertiary care hospitals in India and Abroad
• As Emergency Medical Therapist- in transport and handling ventilators.
• In the pre-hospital setting, as a member in Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
• As an EMT in Air ambulances, wilderness response, industrial services and offshore response.
• Teaching faculty and capable of opting for higher studies and research.
|S.No||Courses||Duration||Annual Fee Structure|
B.Sc. (Emergency Medicine)
Eligibility : Pass in 10+2/PUC with Physics, Chemistry & Biology (NRI : 25K extra in I Year)
|3+1 Year as per N.E.P|| Year I : Rs. 1,28,000
Year II : Rs. 1,00,500
Year III : Rs. 1,00,500
Total: Rs. 3,29,000
| Year I : Rs. 1,00,000
Year II : Rs. 85,500
Year III : Rs. 85,500
Total: Rs. 2,71,000
(1) University Registration Fee, Eligibility Fee for other State/NRI students, Examination Fee, Uniform Fee, Hostel Fee, Industry visit fee, Internship fee, Transportation fee, Sports & games fee, Extra-curricular activity fee, etc., are extra. The course fees mentioned for subsequent years may vary annually up to 6%. (2) The University Placement & Training Team will assist the admitted students to get (a) Earn While Learn, (b) Industry Internship, and (c) Final Job Placement. (3) Karnataka Quota* : 1. Applicable only to Karnataka students having 50% or more in the applicable subject combination. 2. To be considered as Karnataka domicile student should have studied 7 years including PUC in the Karnataka.