Duration shall be for a period of Four years including twelve months of Internship (Admissions open for the batch 2021-22).
BSc in Microbiology and Virology is offered at Srinivas School of Allied Health Sciences, under Srinivas University, Mangalore.
This program is specifically designed to fulfill and develop the requirements of the health sector which needs well-trained professionals in the field of virology. The students will get theoretical knowledge and practical training in Microbiology and Virology. The on-going globalization has led to continuous spread of virus infections and thus, diagnosis and treatment has become more important. This course is designed to provide in-depth knowledge about immune response to the viral infections, diagnosis, treatment strategies and preventive measures.
To evolve a well-trained and qualified virologist who is capable of working independently in the field of Virology and immunology.
• Well-equipped Central Diagnostic Laboratory & Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory (Accredited by the National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories, DST, India.) attached to the Tertiary core Srinivas Hospital which will provide wide exposure to the students.
• Quality procedures, Standard Operating Procedures & Laboratory safety managed by well – trained staff technologists & faculty members
• Highly qualified teaching staff will be taking up the theory and practical classes
The Course provides wide scope for aspirants to work as
• Virologist in Public Health Laboratories, Private and government hospitals
• Research assistants or Technical assistants in Research institutes
• Medical Laboratory Technologist in Hospitals
• Lecturers in Medical colleges
• Quality managers in Pharmaceutical companies
• Students after graduation can pursue Post graduation and PhD in relevant field.
• Medical Terminology
• Basic Virology
• Biosafety and Biosecurity
• Cell Biology and Basic Molecular Biology I
• Basic Immunology I
• Computer application/programming Environment science and Health
• Cell Biology and Basic Molecular Biology II
• Basic Immunology II
• Systemic Virology
• Biostatics and Research methodology
• Constitution of India
• Clinical Virology I
• Advanced Molecular Biology I
• Advanced Immunology I
• Viral Vaccines
• Emerging Viral Infections and One Health
• Clinical Virology II
• Advanced Molecular Biology II
• Antiviral Pharmacotherapy
• Advanced Immunology II
• Veterinary and Plant Virology
|S.No||Courses||Duration||Annual Fee Structure|
B.Sc. Microbiology and Virology
Eligibility : Pass in 10+2/PUC with Physics, Chemistry & Biology
(NRI 15K extra in I Year)
|4 Years (Six Semesters & 1 year internship))||
Year I : Rs. 1,28,000
Year II : Rs. 1,00,500
Year III : Rs. 1,00,500
Total: Rs. 3,29,100
(1) University Registration Fee, Eligibility Fee for other State students, Examination Fee, Uniform Fee, Hostel Fee, Industry visit fee, Internship fee, Transportation fee, Sports & games fee, Extra-curricular activity fee, etc., are extra. The course fees mentioned for subsequent years may vary annually up to 6%.
(2) The University Marketing Team will help the admitted students to avail of Education Loans, Scholarships, etc.
(3) The University Placement & Training Team will assist the admitted students to get (a) Earn While Learn, (b) Industry Internship, and (c) Final Job Placement.