Administrative Office No.: 0824-2425966
Duration shall be for a period of Two years spread out in 4 semester (Admissions open for the batch 2022-23)
M.Sc MLT in Biochemistry is a course designed to provide in depth knowledge in Biochemistry & impart skills for working as a Laboratory quality manager and Laboratory Technical supervisor. The course is designed as a full time residency program with responsibilities in managing the patients and hospital samples. The Post graduate student must take part in seminars, short topic discussions, case discussions, journal club presentations and clinical postings. The Academic training also includes lab work, experimental work and Dissertation.
Post Graduates holding the above degree have immense scope to work as Laboratory quality manager and Laboratory Technical supervisor both in India and abroad in Corporate Hospitals, Medical Colleges, Nursing Home. They can also be employed in teaching profession both in India and Abroad. They can also be employed in Multi national companies.
After completion of the course employment can be obtained as
• General Biochemistry and Laboratory techniques
• Chemistry of Biomolecules
• Metabolism &Inborn errors of metabolism
• Vitamins & Hormones, Nutrition
• Molecular Microbiology & Applied genetics
• Clinical biochemistry
• Acid base , minerals
• Automation and Total quality management
• Laboratory management
• Dissertation/ Project work
|S.No||Courses||Duration||Annual Fee Structure|
M.Sc. (MLT) Clinical BioChemistry
Eligibility : Pass in B.Sc. (Medical Laboratory Technology) (NRI : 25K extra in I Year)
|2 Years (Four Semesters)||Year I : Rs. 1,33,000
Year II : Rs. 90,500
Total: Rs. 2,23,500
| Year I : Rs. 1,33,000
Year II : Rs. 90,500
(1) University Registration Fee, Eligibility Fee for other State/NRI students, Examination Fee, Uniform Fee, Hostel Fee, Industry visit fee, Internship fee, Transportation fee, Sports & games fee, Extra-curricular activity fee, etc., are extra. The course fees mentioned for subsequent years may vary annually up to 6%. (2) The University Placement & Training Team will assist the admitted students to get (a) Earn While Learn, (b) Industry Internship, and (c) Final Job Placement. (3) Karnataka Quota* : 1. Applicable only to Karnataka students having 50% or more in the applicable subject combination. 2. To be considered as Karnataka domicile student should have studied 7 years including PUC in the Karnataka.