Administrative Office No.: 0824-2425966
Duration shall be for a period of Two years spread out in 4 semesters (Admissions open for the batch 2023-24)
M.Sc Medical Imaging Technology is a course designed to provide in depth knowledge & impart skills for working as an assistant to the consultant Radiologist as well as to operate and assist in operating X ray, CT scan, MRI machines and fluoroscopy . The course is designed as a full time residency program with responsibilities in managing the patients. The Post graduate student must take part in seminars, short topic discussions, case discussions, journal club presentations and clinical postings. The Academic training also includes lab work, experimental work and Dissertation.
Post Graduates holding the above degree have immense scope to work as Imaging Technologists in both India and abroad in Corporate Hospitals, Medical Colleges, Nursing Home. They can also be employed in teaching profession both in India and Abroad. They can be employed in Multi national companies as Application specialists.
After completion of the course employment can be obtained as
• Principles of radiographic exposure
• Instrumentation of Radiological and Imaging equipment’s
• Radiological and imaging special procedures
• Medical Ethics
• Radiation Safety and Protection
• Ultrasound Instrumentation and Advanced Tech.
• CT Instrumentation and advanced Tech
• Interventional Radiological Techniques and Care of Patients
• Nuclear Medicine Imaging technology
• MRI instrumentation and advanced tech.
• Biostatistics & Research Methodology Project
|S.No||Courses||Duration||Annual Fee Structure|
M.Sc. (Medical Imaging Technology)
Eligibility : Pass in B.Sc. (Medical Imaging Technology/Radiology) (NRI : 25K extra in I Year)
|2 Years (Four Semesters)||Year I : Rs. 1,48,000
Year II : Rs. 1,20,500
Total: Rs. 2,68,500
(1) University Registration Fee, Eligibility Fee for other State/NRI students, Examination Fee, Uniform Fee, Hostel Fee, Industry visit fee, Internship fee, Transportation fee, Sports & games fee, Extra-curricular activity fee, etc., are extra. The course fees mentioned for subsequent years may vary annually up to 6%. (2) The University Placement & Training Team will assist the admitted students to get (a) Earn While Learn, (b) Industry Internship, and (c) Final Job Placement. (3) Karnataka Quota* : 1. Applicable only to Karnataka students having 50% or more in the applicable subject combination. 2. To be considered as Karnataka domicile student should have studied 7 years including PUC in the Karnataka.