Prize Winners for the Academic Year 2016-2017 during the College Day Celebrations Held on 13 &14th February, 2018 at Valachil Campus, Mangaluru.
Dr. Pradeep M.D. have passed UGC NET Examination in Social Work Subject for the eligibility for Assistant Professorship in the examination held during November, 2017 conducted by University Grants Commission.
1. Pradeep M.D., (Ed.) Sangeetha Rai, Health and Safety Management- Safety First is Safety Always, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Deutschland, Germany, 2016, ISBN 978-3-659-94830-5.
2. Pradeep M.D., “Women Empowerment for Inclusive Growth”, Studium Press Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi, 2017, ISBN-978-93-80012-93-3.
A global ranking from top 10000 business authors world over by Elsevier’s SSRN (Social Science Research Network) recently awarded III Rank to Prof. Dr. Suresh Kumar for the highest number of publications in the year under review. Also Dr.Pradeep M.D. obtained 71st rank.
Dr. Laveena D’Mello
Profile Summary :
1. An Empathetic, committed and enthusiastic academic professor with 18 years of graduate and postgraduate level teaching experience in Humanities and Social Sciences discipline at Mangalore. 2. Passionate about teaching and training, especially Social Science education to young graduates and pursuing knowledge value addition with consistent research.
3. Enriched with on field social service experience of 10 years in HIV/AIDS Prevention as well as giving Life Skill Training for mentally challenged children.
Academic and Social Sciences Research :
1. Research interest include in depth learning about HIV/AIDS and the disease related to women, children, stigma and the challenges related to health issues, problems of the senior citizens, migration, the social issues, Teenagers, children and teachers problems, and mental health issues. 2. Research Thesis, Ph.D. in Sociology at Mangalore University in June 2018, under the Supervision of Professor Govindaraju, Sociology Department.
3. Several research papers published in online journals with DOI number, viz.: The Elsevier’s SSRN online journal and ranked among the top 100 research authors in the month of December 2017
1. “Award of Excellence in research” by DK International Research foundation on 30th June 2019, at Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Hotel, Perambalur, Tamilnadu. 2. “Women Research Award” by VDGOOD Technology Factory®, International Scientist Award 2021, Coimbatore, India.
Experience Summary :
1. Associate Professor, Director of College Research Centre (CRC), Research Guide, IQAC Coordinator and Dean at Srinivas University, City Campus, Pandeshwar, Mangaluru, Karnataka, India. (February 2010 Present). 2. Faculty (BSW) at School of Social Work, Roshni Nilaya, Mangalore, (February 2002 – February 2010),
3. Program Coordinator at Prajna Counselling Centre, C.C.F. (Christian Children Fund) Project, Attavar, Mangalore, (April 2001 – May 2002),
4. Associate Coordinator, School of Continuing Technical Education, Prathibhodaya, Honavar (February 1998 – March 2001)
5. Community Organizer, Janatha Kendra, Bolar, Mangalore (July 1992 –February 1996).
1. Ph.D. in Sociology. Research Topic is “A Sociological Study on HIV Positive Women in Dakshina Kannada District”, under Mangalore University, Mangalagangothri, Mangalore, Karnataka, India. (2018) 2. M. Phil. from Annamalai University, Chennai: in Sociology, Topic- “Impact of Self Employment Training on Urban Women”, Annamalai University, Annamalai, (2007-08 ) 3. M.S.W. – from School of Social work, Roshni Nilaya: Mangalore University, (1992) 4. B.A (H.E.S.P.) from Besant Women’s College: Mangalore University, (1990)
Academic and Research Interests :
1. HIV/AIDS and the disease related to women, children, families stigma and the challenges related to health issues.
2. Social Problems like migration, Rural Tribal community and Slum community Development
3. Capacity building of children and Teenagers through life skill development.
4. Mental health issues and the counselling for need based sector of the society.
5. Dynamics of Human Behaviour, Working With Children and Adolescents
6. Therapeutic counselling, Organizational Psychology; Contemporary social problems.
Social Welfare activities :
1. Involved in HIV/AIDS Training Programme - organizers NACO (National AIDS control Organization), KSAPS (Karnataka State HIV/AIDS Prevention Society), and Family & Health Department & District Aids Prevention Society with collaboration with School of Social Work, Roshni Nilaya Mangalore. (2002-2007)
2. CCF Project – (Christian Child Fund)- Working with different children’s Clubs, Teachers and Self Help Groups (SHG’s) members at Mangala Jyothi Integrated School, Prajna Counseling centre etc.
3. ICMR Project (Indian Council of Medical Research) in Giving Life Skill Training for Mentally Challenged children at Mangalore under Principal Dr. Rameela Shekhar.
4. Member of The Research & Ethical Committee of Srinivas Institute of Medical Sciences and Reserach Centre, Mukka, Mangalore.( January 2013).
5. Involved with Dharma Jyothi Social Centre, Vamanjoor, Mangalore, Regular resource person (March 2006)
6. Involved with NSS (National Service Scheme) unit of School of Social Work, Mangalore, Regular resource person (September (2004).
7. Indian Red Cross Society on “Youth Peer Education Programme (YPEP), at Dakshina Kannada District, (July-August 2009).
Training Programmes/ Workshops Conducted :
1. Personality development, Communication, Life Skills, Values and Attitudes
2. Pre-test and Post-test Counseling, ‘Risk assessment’, ‘Breaking up Bad news’, and ‘Psycho-Social Aspects’ related to HIV/AIDS.
3. Training Programme for Counselors, organized by NACO and DAPCO at School of Social Work, Roshni Nilaya on the topic “Disaccorded Couples”
4. “HIV/AIDS and Counseling for students of Srinivas Institute of Management Studies.
5. Awareness programme was conducted on “HIV/AIDS and counseling” for the NSS Volunteers of BBM department, Srinivas Institute of Management studies, Mangalore.
Book Publications with ISBN No. :
1. Laveena D’Mello (2021). Social Work: History and Philosophy. Srinivas Publication, ISBN NO: 978-81-949961-4-9. (Free online access).
2. Laveena D’Mello (2018).Therapeutic counselling Intervention. Srinivas Publication, ISBN NO: 978-81-938040-1-8. (Free online access).
3. Edited book: Dr. P.S. Aithal & Laveena D’Mello (2017). One day National Conference “Balancing Human work Life: Challenges and perspective. Srinivas Publication, Mangalore, Karnataka, India, ISBN No: 978-93 – 5291-481-4.
4. Laveena D’Mello (2018). Community Development-Rural, Urban, and a Tribal Persecptive.FSP Media Publications, ISBN: 978-1-5457-2306-7.
Publications with ISSN and ISBN No. Total: 115