The classes will be held at Institute of Social Sciences and Humanities, City Campus, Pandeshwar, Mangaluru– 575 001. Phone: 0824-2441022
Administrative Office No.: 0824-2441022
Duration : 2 year – 4 Semesters program (Admissions open for the batch 2022-23)
Eligibility: Pass in any Bachelor Degree of 3 or 4 years with not less than 40% marks. Admission needs valid score in SUAT Entrance Test.
M.A. in English or Master of Arts in English is a postgraduate academic degree. English includes a comprehensive study of both English language and communication. The programme aims to develop students’ competence with reference to Literatures. It helps to create an awareness regarding both the historic and contemporary language and communication. The programme prepares students to reflect on the social and ethical dimensions of research and for careers in secondary and higher education, content development, creative visualizations, publishing, and translation. Innovative subjects are included in the curriculum. Project and programmes, organizing abilities are developed to fit in with suitability for wider variety of jobs. seminars, colloquiums, innovative and progressive outlook towards research, and creative writing opportunity to the candidates.
After completion of the course the candidates may have job opportunities in NGO and government sector and also in aboard with various designations like; Lecturer, Reporter, Sub Editor, Assistant Editor, Technical Writer, Sports Reporter, TV Anchor, Proofreader, Script Writer, Social Media Promotion Executive, Content Coordinator, Corporate Website Manager, E-Commerce Manager, E-Commerce Project Executive, Web Content Quality Controller, HR Assistant /HR Coordinator, Hygiene Trainer, Student Counselor, Admin Assistant, Administrative Clerk, Administrative Officer, Advertising Executive, Business coordinator, Client Development Manager, Development Officer etc.
|SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2|
1. English Literature from Chaucer to Milton
2. Elizabethan Age
3. 17& 18 Century English Literature
4. Organizational Psychology/
5. English Grammar and Usage/
6. Short Stories in English Translation
1. 19 Century English Literature
2. Literary Criticism -1
3. Research Methodology
4. English Grammar and Usage/
5. English Prose: Selection from A Book of English Essays/
6. Indian Writing in English
|Total - 500 marks||Total - 500 marks|
|SEMESTER 3||SEMESTER 4.|
1. Ten Twentieth Century Indian English Poets
2. European Classical Drama & Fiction
3. New Literatures in English
4. Cultural Studies and Selection from E.M. Forster
5. Selected short stories (British, American and Indian)
6. Students to go to other departments’ offering of subjects
1. Modern Age
2. Literary Criticism- II
3. American Literature
4. Project Work/Dissertation
5. Formation of Trainee-Teachers in ELT (English Language Teaching)
|Total - 500 marks||Total - 500 marks|
Secretary, A. Shama Rao Foundation, G.H.S Road, Mangaluru. Phone: 0824-2425966
Principal, SIMS, Pandeshwar, Mangaluru.Phone: 0824-2441022, 2411383.
JOIN ABOVE INNOVATIVE MA IN ENGLISH PROGRAMME WITH INDUSTRY RELEVANCE AND JOB ORIENTED SYLLABUS TO RE-DEFINE YOUR CAREER ALTITUDE!!!
Institute of Social Sciences & Humanities
|S.No||Courses||Duration||Annual Fee Structure|
MA in English
Eligibility : Pass in any Degree with minimum 50% marks
(NRI : 25K extra in I Year)
|2 Years (Four Semesters)||Year I : Rs. 63,000
Year II : Rs. 40,500
Total: Rs. 1,03,500
(1) University Registration Fee, Eligibility Fee for other State students, Examination Fee, Uniform Fee, Hostel Fee, Industry visit fee, Internship fee, Transportation fee, Sports & games fee, Extra-curricular activity fee, etc., are extra. The course fees mentioned for subsequent years may vary annually up to 6%.
(2) The University Marketing Team will help the admitted students to avail of Education Loans, Scholarships, etc.
(3) The University Placement & Training Team will assist the admitted students to get (a) Earn While Learn, (b) Industry Internship, and (c) Final Job Placement.